Monday, September 29, 2014

Ask an Artist: Bonnie Burbidge, Painter and Jewelry Artist.




Ever wonder how an artist becomes an artist?  Why they make art? Where they get their inspiration and what you’ll see when you visit their studio? 
Here’s your chance to get find out.

What inspires you and how does that come through your art?

“My inspiration comes from Nature and ordinary things.   On my daily walks I take in, A sudden birdcall, a twig with moss, the clouds changing shape, a shadow melting in grass. Nature is so astonishing; it leaves me breathless, and hopefully flows in to my Art.”

Why are you an artist?

“I really love the romance of my studio. The Watercolor, Oil, the touch and feel of the paint as it moves across the paper or canvas.  The feelings of the brush, is as important as seeing what the brush puts down.”

When people come to your studio, what will they see you doing …what part of your process?    

“I will be painting a watercolor still life and creating jewelry.”

What’s your favorite part of your process?          

“The Most exciting part of my Painting process, is the relationship I have with the subject matter,  it could be a Lavender field, a Humming bird, or people walking on the beach, it’s the pure joy of expressing how I see them.”

You can see more of Bonnie’s work and visit her studio during Washington County Open Studios tour October 18-19th from 11am to 5pm.  And on her website bburbidgefineart.com






2 comments:

  1. 1.20.21 Bonnie Burbidge's art continues to show fresh new works and talent. Lucky me just received on of her creative pieces. I have her art from many years on my walls, & have saved ever card I ever received. Love & Care, Holiday Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings ,
    I am Samuel Preston from Atlanta, am very much interested in the purchase your Art piece for Anniversary to surprise my wife Thanks. I look forward to reading from you about what inspires you original works you have for sale and your location: ) Asap . Regards , Sam .

    ReplyDelete