Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What Weird Techniques Do Artists Use in Aloha?





“From modeling paste to scrapbook paper or glued on gems, or plant material, I use many things. I sometimes will finish a piece in Photoshop to give it that final oomph.  It just depends on my mood and if it fits the piece,” says mixed media artist, Katrina Fowler.



Ana Quinn, ceramic artist, says, “First, I spray a glaze on a bisqued (once fired) piece, then draw and paint images with colored under-glazes over the glaze. The subject matter of my paintings is often related to anthropology which I studied in school.   I’ve taken images of the visions I saw painted in the Paleolithic caves of France, petroglyphs of NW Indians from the Columbia Basin, and the stylized paintings of the ancient Mimbres Pueblo Indians.”

Wonder what other weird technique or process you’ll get to see during Washington County Open Studios? October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm, 40 artists will be demonstrating their techniques for you. 


“I use a French technique called “Serti”, explains silk painter, Patti Isaacs, “which roughly translated means boundaries.  My paint is Procien dye.”

You can see art in the making October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm in the suburbs and country during Washington County Open Studios.  Get a tour map and directions FREE at www.washcoart.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment