Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Ask an Artist: Stella Kaser, Photography and Collage.




Ever wonder how an artist becomes an artist?  Why they make art? Where they get their inspiration and what you’ll see when you visit their studio? 
Here’s your chance to get find out.

Why are you an artist?

“I enjoy using the photographs that I've taken over a lifetime and repurposing them into modern images for cards and collages. One of my greatest inspirations is my daughter, a professional artist who expresses her creativity in wonderful ways.”

What weird and different material or technique do you use?

“I use traditional quilting patterns and techniques as well as my own abstract versions to collage pieces of my past photographs together.”

What inspires you and how does that come through your art?

“The same love for achieving interesting composition in my original photographs inspires me to achieve the same effect in my art, while creating something new.”

When people come to your studio, what will they see you doing …what part of your process?

“I have just completed a new collaged holiday greeting card. Guests will be able to see examples of my process towards making this card as well as the finished product, from its initial layout.”


What’s your favorite part of your process?


“Combining parts of entire photographs of mine to produce unique designs is my favorite part of my artistic process.”  

You can see more of Stella’s work and visit her studio during Washington County Open Studios tour October 18-19th from 11am to 5pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment