Sunday, October 12, 2014

See Art in the Making in Tigard Next Weekend. Free.



 

I’ll be making masks, doing under glazing or stamping into clay with tools you find around the house like a fork, pattern marker and citrus reamer,” says Susan Gallacher-Turner, Ceramic Artist.


“When people come to my studio, “ says Virginia Parks, encaustic artist, ”they'll get to see almost the entire process, from prepping the wood panels before I start painting, to the process of building up layers, incorporating other media, and using tools and techniques to develop the painting. I'll demonstrate various techniques and explain the process I use for making the medium. I'm always happy to talk about the process, so visitors are welcome to ask me anything!”

Stella Kaser, photo collage artist describes,  “I have just completed a new collaged holiday greeting card. Guests will be able to see examples of my process towards making this card as well as the finished product, from its initial layout.

Get a free tour map at www.washcoart.org and spend this Saturday and Sunday, October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm visiting art studios during Washington County Open Studios.  Forty artists will be demonstrating their techniques for you and some are right in your own Tigard neighborhood. 


Karen French, Potter, says, “I’ll be throwing different clay forms.  They can ask me to make something in particular.  I’ll also be trimming pots and getting them ready for the bisque fire.”


“People can watch me use a torch to move around the encaustic paint (beeswax, resin & pigment), and see it swirl and blend together creating some incredible designs/patterns,” explains encaustic artist, Pam Nichols.


Laurie Svec adds, “Art studio visitors will likely see me working on Japanese paper wrapped egg shells. I hope to have some eggs at different stages of the process available to see. I will try to have an evaporative ink painting in progress too - under a gooseneck lamp to warm the ink and water. The Brownian Movement helps to evaporate the color onto the paper in unusual ways.”
You can see art in the making October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm in the suburbs and country during Washington County Open Studios. 

Get a tour map and directions FREE at www.washcoart.org 



No comments:

Post a Comment