Saturday, October 4, 2014

What Weird Techniques Do Artists Use in Forest Grove?





“I use house paint almost exclusively in my paintings.    People give me leftover paint all the time!   I love the recycling aspect that Susie's bedroom color is now a great color in one of my paintings.   I use squirt bottles with paint in them like some artists use brushes.   I love paint, says Helvi Smith, Painter.

Wonder what other weird technique or process you’ll get to see during Washington County Open Studios? October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm, 40 artists will be demonstrating their techniques for you. 


Ceramic Artist, Barb Hertel adds, “The raku process is really fun to watch, also I try to use different materials with my clay forms:  limbs from trees, nails, buttons, puzzle pieces, wire, ribbon, etc.”

You can see art in the making October 18 and 19 from 11 am to 5 pm in the suburbs and country during Washington County Open Studios.  Get a tour map and directions FREE at www.washcoart.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment