Thursday, October 2, 2014

Meet Darla Boljat: Painter.






Not all of us discover art in the same way.  For Darla, it was curiosity.

“A friend of mine painted and although at first I did not take too much notice curiosity took over and I wondered how hard would it be to create a painting,” says Darla.

Darla’s curiosity turned into to a lifelong love.  

 “I love creating,” says Darla.  “It challenges me to recreate beauty I see all around me.  I enjoy the challenge. I love seeing peoples’ reaction to something I have made, especially when they understand where I was going with it and make a connection to a particular piece. I realized after about a year after I had started painting for the first time in 2004 that this would be a lifelong pursuit.”


For some of us, there’s one part of the process that is a favorite.  But not for Darla, “The joy is never ending. I enjoy creating. I enjoy teaching and helping others create. I enjoy the times when my creation finds a permanent home with someone who loves it.”


Although Darla likes to experiment, she has found her own unique way to paint, “I get easily bored,” says Darla.  “I have tried many different techniques but when I am creating paintings I usually stick with the tried and true techniques so that my painting will withstand the test of time. I usually start my painting in acrylic and then finish it in oil. I enjoy using dammar and walnut oil with a bit of odorless thinner as a medium when I am oil painting.”

You can see more of Darla’s work and visit her studio during Washington County Open Studios tour October 18-19th from 11am to 5pm.  And on her website at www.dkboljat.com


No comments:

Post a Comment