Saturday, September 19, 2015

What Inspires Artists in Aloha?





 I get inspired to paint by looking at paintings sitting on my easel.  Passages in the paintings draw my attention and lead me into painting.  Before long, the hours have passed.  I like to leave the painting up and reflect back on it after a day of painting,” says painter, Michele Bufton.




Encaustic artist, Evelyn Fritz says, “I love to experiment so any new tool or method that helps me to create texture sets me into a creative mood.”



You’ll get to see the magic of creation and inspiration that turns ordinary materials into art for FREE.  During the Washington County Open Studios tour, 41 artists will be opening up their studios  October 17 and 18 from 11am to 5 pm right in your own neighborhood.


“Inspiration comes to me in many ways. An idea or word, something I've seen or a feeling I want to express. I will sometimes wake in the middle of the night or be unable to fall asleep due to a deluge of ideas spilling out of my mind.  I also find being with other creative individuals keeps me motivated and inspired,” says silk painter, Patti Isaacs.



Ceramic artist, Ana Quinn says, “My cats, ancient art forms, and the life cycle of the salmon as well as how colors play against each other. I make both functional and decorative work.  I just finished a dinnerware set for a niece and am working on a series of fantastic birds.”

There's so much to see!  And all for FREE!   So make your calendar for October 17 & 18th from 11 am to 5 pm for the Washington County Open Studios tour.  For more info on artists and tour map go online at www.washcoart.org

No comments:

Post a Comment