Sunday, October 18, 2015

What inspires artists in Forest Grove?





“I LOVE a blank canvas.  I may or may not have an idea when I set a canvas on my work table - but it does not stay blank for long.   I use squeeze bottles filled with acrylic house paint to put paint on canvas.  Or brushes.  Or fingers.  Or spatulas.    I am fortunate that I never have "Painters Block."   I love to paint and ideas flow as easily as the paint for me.  
I am a fearless painter and often try new ideas that come to mind,” says painter, Helvi Smith.

You’ll get to see the magic of creation and inspiration that turns ordinary materials into art for FREE.  During the Washington County Open Studios tour, 41 artists will be opening up their studios October 17 and 18 from 11am to 5 pm right in your own neighborhood.


Wearable art clothing artist, Paulina Kriebel says, “As for actual inspiration, my best ideas come early in the morning while I'm lying in bed in a semi-awake state.”
There's so much to see!  And it’s FREE!   So mark your calendar for October 17 & 18th from 11 am to 5 pm for the Washington County Open Studios tour.  Forest Grove artists: Penny Forest, Helvi Smith, Paulina Kriebel.  For more info on artists and tour map go online at www.washcoart.org

No comments:

Post a Comment