Thursday, October 1, 2015

Where Do Artists Make Art in Forest Grove?




“My studio (and Gallery) is in a house built in 1875. I paint in what used to be the dining room. The living area is now my gallery. Each year I paint the front steps in a different way. Last year I "tagged" my own steps with the word, "art" with spray paint. All over!   Art Art Art.  Then someone else tagged my steps! They added letters to the "art."   P-Art  W-Art   C-Art  - what a hoot!,” says painter, Helvi Smith.



See where artists make art in your neighborhood during Washington County Open Studios Tour, October 17 and 18 from 11 am to 5 pm. Over 40 artists will be opening their studio doors for you.  And it’s FREE.


Paulina Kriebel, fiber artist describes her new studio, “After more than 35 years of working at home, I moved to a "real" studio 5 blocks from my house.  I love it and should have moved out much sooner.  It's over 1000 square feet, has 2 studio spaces and a dye/print area with a washer & dryer.  I’ve been there about a year and a half and it's hard to remember ever being anywhere else.  It is in a small commercial building with a couple of great neighbors - my husband's cabinet shop (Hardwood Design) and a hard cider brewery (Bull Run Cider).”


Inside or outside, upstairs or down, artists find many creative ways to create.  And they’ll show how they do it and where October 17 and 18 from 11am to 5pm. Free tour map and artist information is on the Washington County Open Studios Tour website www.washcoart.org


No comments:

Post a Comment