Monday, October 12, 2015

Where Do Artists Make Art in Beaverton?




I share my studio with my mother and fellow artist Peg Falconer. It is also home to dog bed for our lab Sally, and you can often find little prints across the paper from cat Thomas. (Visitors may enjoy a waggy hello from Sally, but unlikely to see any signs of the cat.),” says Emma Weber.

See where artists make art in your neighborhood during Washington County Open Studios Tour, October 17 and 18 from 11 am to 5 pm. Over 40 artists will be opening their studio doors for you.  And it’s FREE.


Linda Gerrard, glass artist describes her studio, “Both my studio and display area are in my daylight basement.  This allows me to spend time in my studio any time the desire to create hits me.”


“I'm fortunate to have a large room with lots of windows and French doors that open on to the deck outside. It is full of yarns, looms, and all the things that help inspire me. Some might call it cluttered; I call it having my favorite things around. There are yarns of all sorts and colors, of course, but art glass, quilts, framed reverse applique fabric pieces, stained glass, music, and sometimes one or two cats depending on where they have chosen to sleep,” says weaver, Peg Silloway.    

Inside or outside, upstairs or down, artists find many creative ways to create.  And they’ll show how they do it and where October 17 and 18 from 11am to 5pm. Artist studios to visit in Beaverton are: Peg Falconer, book arts; Linda Gerrard, fused glass; Terry Grant, fiber; Peg Sillowary, weaving; Emma Weber, photography. 

Free tour map and artist information is on the Washington County Open Studios Tour website www.washcoart.org


No comments:

Post a Comment