Friday, October 9, 2015

Where Do Artists Make Art In Aloha?




My studio has a large window that beams with daylight.  My easel is set up beside the window, a small table below the window holds my palette and supplies.  A larger desk sits in the middle of the room for studio paintings, gesso canvases and boards,” says painter, Michele Bufton.


Ana Quinn, ceramic artist describes her studio, “My studio has a deck with a sliding glass door which gave me a view of my garden, however, I just purchased an upload gas kiln which now sits on a palette in front of my deck. Besides my new kiln, I have an electric potter's wheel, two utility sinks, 2 work tables, and an electric kiln in the garage to bisque my work.”

See where artists make art in your neighborhood during Washington County Open Studios Tour, October 17 and 18 from 11 am to 5 pm. Over 40 artists will be opening their studio doors for you.  And it’s FREE.


“The magic of silk painting is done in the kitchen on my wide counter with a huge plastic cover and vinyl flooring! I have water available and easy clean up if the day turns messy,” says Patti Isaacs, silk artist.


Encaustic artist, Evelyn Fritz says, “My studio is in my home and it is divided into two areas.  The main studio and my little encaustic corner, which overlooks my patio.”

Inside or outside, upstairs or down, artists find many creative ways to create.  And they’ll show how they do it and where October 17 and 18 from 11am to 5pm. Free tour map and artist information is on the Washington County Open Studios Tour website www.washcoart.org

No comments:

Post a Comment